CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Signing Time




This is my plug for Signing Time, videos meant to teach children how to use sign language to communicate. We KNOW that teaching Morgan to sign was a huge plus in her learning to talk and to make it so she has virtually skipped the terrible twos. Baby Roy signed earlier than her...the video shows his 1st sign, milk (opening and closing the fist), which he did one day before he turned 9 months old. Now he signs dog, milk, mama, more, cookie, and cracker. Signing does NOT stunt speech, it helps it...we love these videos and encourage those whose children are having difficulty with speech to start teaching them sign through these videos. Even those that don't have difficulties can benefit...it's a 2nd language! Roy and I enjoy learning the signs as well. I hope to have a link to the website soon, but until then you can find out more about it at signingtime.com.

3 comments:

Parkinson Family

hi mindee and roy, i dont know if you remember me, lindsey (pierce) from the new orleans singles ward. anyways, i saw your link on lindsays page and totally had to say hi. Your kids are adorable and its good to see you guys are doing great, well I just wanted to say hi and i will totally be checking back (i love blogs) to say hi again
we have a blog too, its tylerparkinson.blogspot.com
cya

Natalie

roy and mindee---I'm so glad you have a blog! We do a better job at keeping in touch with people now that we blog. Great to see you guys doing well. I love the sign language! And I love the airplane.

katie

mints! i found your blog on anna's! hope you don't mind that i added your blog to my blog!

your boys are adorable!

hope things are going well for you!

katie "jenks"