CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 10, 2009

Knockin' on Heaven's Door...

...is just what we were doing 5 years ago. Roy was knocking a little louder than me, but we were both pretty close to leaving this life on August 10, 2004. It was a quite a life changing experience for us both. Despite the physical changes that Roy has had to adjust to, we gained a greater perspective on life and appreciate living so much more. Plus, we have two little miracles and one on the way that have made us even more happy and appreciative to be alive.

If tomorrow never comes,
will she know how much I love her?
Will I try in every way,
to show her every day,
that she's my only one?
And if my time on earth were through,
and she must face this world without me,
is the love I gave her in the past,
gonna be enough to last,
if tomorrow never comes?

This Garth Brooks song is one that we think of often when we think back to that day. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow, so let those that you love know how much you love them TODAY!!

5 comments:

J and S Garcia

Amen!!! You guys are awesome!!!

Ally Cox

WOW girl! I never even knew this happened to you! How scary! Where did it happen and why did the plane crash? I know what you mean about it being life changing though. I almost died in a car crash in January of 2004 and it totally gave me a whole new outlook on life! I am glad you guys are okay! And how lucky you are to have such adorable little miracles!

Steven and Alexa

We are so glad to have gotten to know you guys! Congratulations on all of your miracles; big or small. I hope you have many many more to come!

Elissa

Justin and I are you guys are here. We love you guys!

missy

We're so happy you guys are here too Mindee! I love this post!! We will be excited to see you guys as well today!! (and an extra congrats to little roy for the whole sleeping thing...hallelujah)